Today I've been mostly saving the earth from global warming.
Yet my record is not entirely positive, because I spend up to three hours a day in a private car stuck in traffic jams either with my landlord or with the embassy's chauffeur. Public transport is not really an option in this city. Fortunately you don't need any heating here and food grows everywhere without anyone putting much effort into it, so maybe that makes up for a part of the driving.
To be honest, the positive effects of my attending all those meetings are likely to be very negligible at best. But so far I'm still optimistic that the organisation as a whole might be up to something useful. In any case I really like going to work here. I get to be busy and social all day long.
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My thanks as well to the Queen for a fascinating blog :) ! Today I’ve been mostly dealing with Master’s Thesis Anxiety (MTA): a debilitating psychological disorder with onset at early adulthood and impacting subjective enjoyment of life gravely. So the Finnish greyness can do with some warmth and excitement from Africa. Take care and keep us posted!
(My doctors - whom I call “Supervisors” - say I will pull through. I hope they know what they are talking about.)
Post a Comment