I finally found the kind of flat I was looking for. I will have a furnished room with two beds (attention, potential visitors!), desk and everything I need. The flat has a cozy livingroom, a balcony, a kitchen and everything a normal flat has, which in Nairobi naturally includes a swimming pool, guards and regular cleaning. I will share it with a youngish Finnish woman who works at the UNDP, and with her cat. The location is great, 5 minutes to the biggest shopping center in Nairobi and 20 minutes to work by foot. And the rent is very reasonably 240 euros.
I will move in next Thursday, and I can't wait to get into the city. My whole life is in Westlands, work, friends and bars, while my bed has so far been somewhere amongst the maize fields. Finally some decent urban freedom and independence!
I'm also excited about next week because we're planning to go to the Masai Mara, the North of Serengeti. It's the number one sight in Kenya if not in the whole of Sub-Saharan Africa. Otherwise life is getting more and more routinized here. I'm no longer doing everything for the first time. Partly it's a pity: I'm irrevocably past the phase when every visit to the supermarket is a fascinatingly confusing experience. But it surely hasn't got boring yet, I'm just relaxed.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Onneksi olkoon uudesta asunnosta!! Kyllä aidon city-tytön kuuluu asua keskustassa. Kuuluisipa täälläkin asuntojen normaaleihin etuihin uima-allas ja siivouspalvelu...
Hei ONNEA kämppävalinnasta! Kuulostaa ihanalta!
Post a Comment