Views from the center of Nairobi: above, a view from the KICC tower, below the same place from ground level. The pictures are a bit gloomy, because we're already being hit by the rainy season. From now on it will rain each and every day for some months.
Photo session at a friend's barbecue. Above, my boss is standing behind me; on my right is my trusted party mate Christa I'm endebted to for saving my Easter holiday; others include the usual suspects Tuuli (the blond Finn) and Carolina (in the middle).
The highlight of my Easter holiday was attending the Wedding of the above Danish-Thai -couple from the neighbouring flat. It was celebrated by the pool in our compound's yard. This was the craziest wedding I ever attended. After an incredibly good sushi buffet and lots of drinking and dancing, the thai family started pushing each other to the pool with their fancy wedding clothes on. I was soon thrown in and found myself splashing in a soup of happy, drunken Asians, Africans and Europeans. I said I didn't care too much for having a pool, but after all we found some great use for it.
2 comments:
Awesome.....I got my pic and name mentioned in your blog!!!!!You certainly made my week gal!
Oh yes, you're famous now, but you deserve it :) Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment