Monday, March 31, 2008

Nairobbery

My mobile phone and wallet were stolen in a bar on Saturday. I'll probably get my old phone number back as soon as I've bought a new phone, which I try to do really soon. My flatmate will lend me cash.

Otherwise I'm ok, so don't be worried - this is business as usual in Nairobi I guess, happens to everyone some time. The items were snatched from my bag and I didn't notice anything till Sunday afternoon. I lost about 20 euros, credit cards (which have not been exploited), my ID, student card etc. so the biggest annoyance is the bureaucracy of replacing them, which is complicated since I'm not in Finland. I only lost the phone numbers I've collected in Nairobi, I've stored the older ones to my Finnish sim-card.

Otherwise things are normal, lots of work and lots of social life keeping me really busy.

2 comments:

AK said...

Todella ärsyttävää. Toivottavasti olet jo saanut asiat hoitoon!

Hanna Sauli said...

Ärsyttävää tosiaan. Nyt olen sentään saanut ostettua uuden puhelimen, johon olen tosi ihastunut - se osaa swahiliakin! :) Numero on sama kuin ennen, ja teidän kaikkien numerot ovat tallessa. Ja onni onnettomuudessa: en menettänyt kameraani, koska olin unohtanut sen kaverini luo. Tuplahuolimattomuus pelasti tällä kertaa.